Receive email updates!

Enter your email address to receive new articles by email.

Connect on Social Media

Google +1Youtube

Weathering the Weather: Snow Tomorrow?

From about 4 AM to 10 AM tomorrow, we will be grazed by the northern edge of a storm that will slam southern Virginia head on. Around 2-4 inches of snow will fall on the county, with the lower amounts in northern MoCo and the higher amounts in southern MoCo. With temperatures in the mid to upper 20’s, snow will stick to all surfaces immediately. There will be significant impacts on the AM commute as roads will likely get snow covered and slippery quickly.

The timing and temperatures are ideal for a closure, but the light snow amounts might make that tough, There is a 50% chance of a delay, 40% chance of a closure and 10% chance of school on time. I think there will be a delay but it is a really tough call and if the storm bumps north a little more than forecasted we could get more snow and a closing.

The image below is simulated radar by the HRRR model for 5 AM tomorrow. The HRRR suggests around 3″ for southern MoCo and 2″ for northern MoCo:

Feel free to ask any other questions below!

About Josh Karpatkin

Josh is a junior at Walter Johnson. He participates vaguely in Science Olympiad, and is a frequent comer at the WJ political forum club. He has been interested in weather since the record breaking blizzards of 2010, and also enjoys rock climbing, board games, and flying RC planes.

View all Articles

Leave a Comment